Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal
Federal regulations require that students make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) towards the completion of their degree and maintain good academic standing. Should your financial aid be cancelled due to not meeting SAP requirements, you may appeal the decision by submitting the following documentation.
Appeal forms must be submitted 30 days prior to the start of the term.
- Indicate the reason for appealing. Select the circumstance that applies and submit the supporting documentation as indicated. Appeals without all supporting documents will be denied.
- Serious medical illness – requires signed doctor’s statement on office letterhead
- Death of immediate family member – requires a statement including your relationship to the deceased and the date of death
- Other – requires documentation specific to your circumstance
- Provide the following academic information:
- Anticipated Graduation Date
- Cumulative GPA
- Required GPA
- Total Attempted Units
- Total Earned Units
- Completion % (Earned units/attempted units)
- Required %
- Provide a personal statement describing the circumstances surrounding your insufficient academic progress. Attach all required documentation.
- Explain how your circumstances have now changed to allow you to meet the satisfactory academic progress policy standards.
- Sign and date the document/letter you submit.